Hookah lounges came to us from the eastern countries, where, for centuries, unhurried conversations in a cozy company were conducted over the smoking of sweet tobacco. Accordingly, the design of the hookah should take into account the original purpose of this room, so we at the Ionosphere studio recommend abandoning flashy decorative elements in favor of maximum comfort and relaxation.
Traditional interior of a hookah bar and fashionable solutions – 2022
Our specialists are familiar with the classic concept of hookah bar arrangement, therefore, when choosing a design, we adhere to the following principles:
1. Textile draperies with bright patterns. The traditional design of a hookah bar is created taking into account oriental trends, so it is customary to decorate the room with thick draperies or patterned curtains, which serve as additional sound insulation.
2. Metal surfaces. The original style involves decorating with metal surfaces and finishes, while we recommend using calmer metals rather than shiny ones: brass, bronze, copper.
3. Authentic decorative elements. The unique design of the hookah bar will help to create jewelry “with character” that will emphasize the atmosphere of calm and tranquility: forged chests, low tables and embroidered pillows.
4. Glass showcases and shelving with decorations. The original style of the shop windows and shelves with decorations are emphasized: figurines, semi-precious stones (tourmaline, turquoise, amethyst, chalcedony) and embroidered products. These recommendations will help you decorate the room according to the classical requirements, however, in the Ioosfera studio we can develop an original author’s project that will correspond to the individual vision of the customer.
Interior for a hookah bar in a modern style
In addition to the usual oriental design, a hookah room can be decorated in a more modern style. For example, in our practice there were design projects of this type:
1. Loft. In the last few years, American industrial styles have been used in the interior of a hookah loft style for almost all types of premises, so the design of a hookah loft is considered a trendy solution. To do this, you need to choose a large bright room with high ceilings, it is better to use brickwork or its imitation for wall decoration, and minimize the number of catchy decor elements.
2. Futurism. This modern design relies on high technology and modern materials: plastic, glass, polycarbonate and unusual lighting combinations. And for the visual expansion of space, mirror and chrome surfaces are used.
3. Mixed style. Recently, it is customary to combine the design of a hookah bar with more traditional establishments: a bar, a pizzeria, a burger and even a hairdresser. In this case, a separate corner is allocated for smoking, or the hookah is taken out to the common room for smokers. Steampunk, modern and grunge are considered interesting solutions, but they are used less often and only for themed establishments.
Concept: layout of a hookah bar with maximum comfort
If you are planning to design a full-fledged hookah bar, we recommend using a layout that can satisfy all the needs of customers. For example, if the room allows, include the following elements in the layout:
1. Hall. The first impression of the institution is the most persistent, so be sure to allocate space for the hall and decorate it in a thematic style. It is also possible to install an administrator’s or manager’s desk and a small dressing room here.
2. Common room. This is the central room of the hookah bar and should be given the most attention. In the original concept, it is recommended to divide the room into small closets and install screens or barriers between them to create the illusion of privacy.
3. Closed halls. For small companies that want to spend an evening in a comfortable environment, we recommend including separate VIP rooms in the project.
4. Bar counter. Often, the interior design of a hookah bar provides for a bar corner where visitors can take a break from the noisy festive atmosphere of the establishment. It is also worth allocating space for working and technical premises: a kitchen, a restroom, a pantry and a place for making hookahs.
Approximate design project of a hookah bar
The modern Ionosfera studio has been working in the field of design for more than a year, therefore, at the request of the customer, we will create a hookah bar design project from scratch, turning even non-standard requirements into reality. To do this, we conduct an interview with the customer in order to understand his idea and choose the appropriate direction in the work. Then the designer visits the site and takes measurements to create an accurate plan of the room, on the basis of which we will create a “design for a hookah bar” project. When we have the necessary data, the designers create sketches of the hookah bar in 2-3 styles chosen by the customer and transfer them to the diagrams, where they indicate the exact position and dimensions of each element, including decor, as well as samples of fabrics and colors of decoration. If necessary, we can create a three-dimensional model of the finished establishment so that customers can visually assess the advantages of the chosen direction and make their own changes. And only when even the smallest details are agreed upon, the design of the hookah bar is transferred to the contractor to start construction work.
How to order a hookah bar design in Kyiv and how much does it cost?
We can order complete service packages in the Ionosphere: 1. Development of a technical task and a general concept, taking into account the architectural features of the room: signboard, design project, sketches, 3D -visualization. 2. Design work – adaptation of the finished project for a particular institution. 3. Repair and construction work – our company will carry out the project from the development stage to commissioning. 4. Architectural supervision – the leading specialist will periodically visit the project and control the work of construction companies. Depending on the size, the development of a design project for the design of a hookah bar will cost 400-450 UAH per m2, and repair and construction work – from 4800 per m2. Detailed information can be found in the “Prices” section.
1. What technical aspects should be taken into account when choosing a place for a hookah bar? The most significant technical element that should include the interior of a hookah bar is considered to be a powerful modern hood. Therefore, we recommend choosing rooms with an exhaust hood and a good ventilation system, or buildings where it can be installed at the lowest cost.
2. What is the difference between a classic hookah bar design and a mixed one? In a traditional hookah bar, everything is focused on hookah smoking and related processes, while mixed places provide for the consumption of food or alcoholic beverages, so they are decorated in more universal styles. The design of a small hookah can be ordered in our studio Ionosfera.
3. Is it possible to arrange a hookah room at home? Our company will develop an interior design for a hookah bar for home conditions, but in this case it is recommended to allocate a separate room for future gatherings and provide for ventilation.
4. Hookah bar design: is it worth using natural wood? Even the design of an oriental-style hookah bar can be created using wooden interior details, the only condition is that the wood must be processed taking into account fire safety requirements.
5. What kind of lighting fixtures should be preferred? A well-designed hookah bar is designed for rest and relaxation of visitors, so subdued warm light is considered the best option. A suitable solution is smart lamps or luminaires that allow the adjustment of light temperature and intensity.
6. Is art wall painting suitable for decorating a hookah bar? Art painting is a universal design tool that can be used to decorate rooms of any orientation. The main thing is that the chosen ornament fits into the chosen design of the hookah bar in modern style, adhering to the general concept of the establishment.