A studio is an apartment in which one or more rooms are combined into a single space. Modern new buildings, as well as houses from the category of secondary real estate in Kyiv, offer many options for studio apartments with different sizes. Can such an apartment be cozy and comfortable? Yes! If the design of the studio apartment is entrusted to the professionals of our Ionosfera company. A distinctive feature of the studio is the harmonious zoning of the living room, kitchen and bedroom on the same area. With proper planning, even in a relatively small apartment there is enough space and light, and there is enough square meters for the practical placement of furniture, storage systems, household appliances, and decor items. Usually studios are one-room apartments, although there are options from several rooms, one of which is connected to the kitchen.
Interior of the studio apartment
The interior of the studio apartment designed by us is fully adapted to the needs and personal preferences of the owner. At the same time, we practice the application of 3 important nuances on which the design of the studio apartment is based:
- Rational zoning. This is the basis of the interior of the studio. It is important to correctly distribute the space. There are 2 zones – residential, working. Next, a zone is determined for the kitchen, eating, sleeping, working – depending on what the client has wishes and what area the apartment has;
- The unity of the chosen style. If the zones are decorated in completely different stylistic directions, the effect of “overload” occurs, harmony breaks down. We do not make such mistakes and create the interior of a studio apartment in the same style, which we first agree with the client;
- Functional storage systems and built-in furniture. In a small apartment, we propose to provide as much space as possible for storing various things. Built-in storage systems that replace cabinets, chests of drawers and headsets are the best option. Also, the design of a small studio apartment involves the use of built-in household appliances.
Zoning is performed by combining different floor finishing materials, arranging niches, partition walls of various designs. We also use pieces of furniture to highlight zones – a sofa of a direct model, a bar counter, a coffee table, armchairs. A popular trick is to use a storage system to separate the bedroom and living areas . Another way to divide space is lighting. Ceiling, floor, wall lamps and fixtures help to perform zoning of the studio apartment without the need to install bulky items.
Studio apartment interior styles
Our clients order studio apartment design in different styles. Each style has its own characteristics. Popular this year:
- minimalism — no unnecessary details, creating as much free space as possible without sacrificing functionality;
- loft is a trendy trend, but suitable for a one-room studio with an area of 35-40 m2;
- Scandinavian style gives more light, visually expands the space, makes the atmosphere more comfortable;
- connoisseurs of artsy decor order modern and art deco;
- fusion and eclecticism is a good option for adherents of true “home” comfort;
- high-tech is the unconditional choice of purposeful innovators.
Layout of studio apartments
Developers offer 2 options for studio apartments – square and rectangular (elongated). The square shape is considered optimal, with such an area it is easier for designers to work and create a cozy interior. The advantage of the studio is high ceilings – from 2.7 m. In this case, you can provide a second floor, on which we take out a sleeping place. Also, the presence of a large balcony, loggia is considered an improved layout , niches – such features allow you to expand the effective space, design a place for a dressing room, office or lounge area.
The most popular planning techniques for such apartments are:
- moving the sleeping area and recreation area to one side, and the kitchen area to the other;
- partitions are used to separate the bed from the common area. These can be bookcases, bookshelves, glass sheets, drywall, curtains;
- the dining area is set up near the window.
The optimal layout of a one-room rectangular studio
A rectangular studio apartment, the layout of which is created by the designers of our Ionosfera company, can also be cozy and comfortable. In such cases, the priority is the bedroom or seating area, which is brought out to the window. A sofa or bed is placed opposite the TV cabinet. We plan the kitchen as a separate “corner”, which can be designated by a suitable type of partition. Almost all studios are apartments with an area of up to 60 m2 (in rare cases – 100 m2). Therefore, the main task of the designer is rational planning. To visually expand the space, you should not only leave the minimum number of partitions, but also:
- choose the right color for the walls, flooring, ceiling;
- place the necessary furniture in the interior so as not to get the effect of “littering”;
- adapt the design of the studio apartment to the needs of the owner (take into account what the client does, what hobbies he has, how many people will permanently live in the studio, etc.).
Having looked at the layout of the photo studio apartment, you can choose 2-3 suitable options for yourself before the first meeting with our designers, which we will work with later.
An example of a studio apartment design project
On the Ionosfera website, in the Portfolio section, you will find examples with photos of studio apartments that have been successfully completed by our specialists. High-quality materials, innovative technologies for automation (smart home system), integration of energy-efficient solutions were used to create the design of the objects. Therefore, even one room is filled with an atmosphere of warmth and comfort, pleasantly pleasing with a harmonious combination of style and functionality.
What is included in the design project?
For development of the project, the terms of reference are drawn up. As a result of cooperation, you receive a complete set of documents (in electronic and printed form):
- planning solutions;
- 3D visualization;
- working drawings, necessary for construction, repair, finishing works;
- specifications of materials and equipment.
The advantages of ordering a studio apartment design in Ionosfera
- creativity. We offer only the best ideas that you dreamed of;
- a full range of services. You can count on us not only in terms of creating a design project. We carry out the design of a turnkey studio apartment with the provision of a team of professional builders, architectural supervision during the execution of all work, assistance in the purchase and arrangement of furniture, decor items, plumbing, lighting, etc.;
- lack of the process of repairing annoying errors and extra costs;
- affordable prices.
How to order a studio apartment design?
To order a design development for a studio apartment, contact us online, by phone. Before the meeting, we recommend choosing a few photos of the interiors that you like. Pay attention to the area and shape of the room, the colors of surfaces and textiles. Choose examples that can really be implemented in your area. At the meeting, we discuss the main details of the project, fill out the questionnaire and draw up the terms of reference. At the same time, we take into account your wishes for the planning of zones, style, colors. We also agree on a budget, according to which our designers will develop the interior. If we meet in your studio apartment, the specialists take the necessary measurements, take photos and videos. If you order only the development of a design project, then make a 50% prepayment, and pay the remaining 50% after receiving the documents. When ordering complex services with the creation of a turnkey studio apartment design, including repair work, the payment procedure is as follows:
- 40% advance payment;
- 40% intermediate payment;
- 20% final settlement.
1. How much does the design of a studio apartment cost?
You can see all prices on the page cost of studio apartment design project.
2. How much time does it take to plan studio apartments?
It takes from 2 weeks to 2 months for 1 project, depending on the complexity, scope of work.
3. Can the design of a studio apartment be made in a classic style?
Classic means large spaces, the use of dimensional furniture, a lot of decor items, heavy curtains. Therefore, it is not recommended to design studios in this style.
4. If the housing has an area of 25 m2, can you make a stylish design of a studio apartment?
Yes, great experience and high qualifications allow our designers to successfully implement even such complex projects.
5. Where can I find a photo studio apartment design?
You can use Pinterest, Houzz, Homify, Home Design 3D, Interior apps.
6. My apartment is in another city. Can you make a design project?
Yes, we work throughout Ukraine. Call us for details.
7. What solutions to use so that the design of a studio apartment 2020-2021 or 2022 remains relevant for several years?
We suggest choosing a minimalist style that does not lose its relevance. If you have any questions or are ready to schedule a meeting with Ionosfera designers, contact us at a convenient time and be closer to realizing your dream!