If you are planning to open a salon, hairdresser or barbershop, you need the establishment to attract customers not only with a wide range of services and affordable prices, but also with its appearance. Therefore, it is better to design a beauty salon with the participation of a competent specialist who knows what ideas are appropriate for beauty establishments and how to properly zone the space for the comfort of visitors. Employees of the Ionosphere company keep abreast of fashion trends – our projects always meet the expectations and requirements of the client.
Beauty salon interior: where to start
In order for the choice of style for your establishment to be quick and efficient, you need to clearly consider the working specifics and the future audience that you should focus on. For example, there are several popular areas that are most common: 1. Hairdresser. The traditional design of a hairdressing salon is aimed at a female audience, since the fair sex is more likely to turn to such specialists. And although many establishments allocate space for the male hall, its area and design loses to the female half. 2. Barbershop. Barbershops are visited exclusively by men, so the interior here is concise and without unnecessary decor. 3. Manicure and make-up studio. This is a separate direction of the beauty industry, which is great for small workspaces. 4. Universal salon. Often, specialists of all working areas coexist in one large room: hairdressers, stylists, makeup artists and manicurists, but in this case the room needs clear zoning and thoughtful design. The chosen design of the beauty studio should correspond to the working direction, making the visitor’s stay comfortable and interesting.
Small beauty salon design styles
When decorating a small room, a competent designer takes into account whether the chosen interior style suits the footage and the target audience. But there are trends that are especially relevant and in demand in the beauty industry in 2021: 1. High-tech is a modern trend that can fully open up in a limited space. Our designers recommend high-tech to those customers who prefer conciseness and functionality with a minimum of decor. The main materials for work are metal, plastic and glass, and white and shades of gray predominate among the colors. 2. Ethnic style – the design of a small beauty salon in ethnic style is based on the use of natural environmental materials: wood, leather, bamboo, etc. At the same time, the specialist selects in advance the country or nationality whose culture will become the basis of the interior, and selects authentic colors in accordance with ethnic motifs. 3. Classic is a direction that is relevant for all types of premises, because it combines gloss and elegance with functionality and comfort. Therefore, we recommend using discreet colors, natural wood finishes and modern art as a decorative component. 4. Pop art is a creative style that relies on youth art and non-standard color combinations. Making out a small beauty salon whose design is based on pop art, we use comfortable furniture of non-standard shapes, shiny glossy finishes and compositions from bright and catchy elements of the mass market.
Space zoning and competent design of a hairdressing salon
A hairdressing salon is a narrow area of
An example of a design project for a beauty salon
We at the Ionosfera studio will create a well-designed and detailed design of a beauty salon, which any contractor can then work with. To do this, our employees meet with the customer in person to ask in detail about the proposed design and development timeline, think over the unusual design of the beauty salon and several work areas and prepare a commercial offer that will suit both parties. Next, we create a design concept, within which we develop 2-3 zoning options with the definition of the style and color scheme of the future interior. Then detailed drawings of the room are drawn with exact dimensions for each element and samples of colors and fabrics are selected for decoration. After approval by the customer, we can create a full-fledged 3D visualization of the selected option so that the customer evaluates the benefits and makes final changes. When the design of a beauty salon or a design of a manicure studio is approved and worked out to the last detail, it passes into the hands of the builders, who will turn it into reality.
How to make a budget beauty salon design?
If this is your first project and there are certain budget constraints, you can develop a budget design for a beauty studio. To do this, we recommend choosing a room that is not too large, the design of which will take less time and money. You should not immediately equip a hairdressing salon, a manicure room, and a make-up studio in an institution – it’s enough to focus on one direction, and add the rest as the business develops. Give up frilly styles and expensive decor elements – instead, it is better to purchase high-quality and reliable work equipment. Often practically new equipment and related products can be purchased after the closing of other hairdressers or rent a fully equipped premises. But in this case, you need to carefully check the performance of the purchased devices. For decoration, choose styles that do not require serious investments and redevelopment: classic, loft or minimalism, paying more attention to a noticeable sign and facade. After the promotion of the business, decorative trim can be done additionally. If you are going to open only a manicure studio, and not a full-fledged beauty salon, we recommend designing in the style of a small comfortable office with a cozy atmosphere that will help relax visitors.
At Ionosphere, we provide services for all types of interior and exterior design. You can contact our employees remotely – by phone or email from the “Contacts” section. You can also make an appointment at any convenient place and discuss the details in person. Our employees know how to create a successful interior of a beauty salon that will comply with global trends, because we follow the latest fashion trends and are able to adapt them to domestic realities. In addition, in our company you can order repair and construction work and architectural supervision – details of the available services, their timing and cost can be found in the “Prices” section.
1. What should you pay attention to when choosing the design of a beauty salon? When designing an establishment, the aesthetics and comfort of the chosen environment play an important role, but do not forget about memorability. It is necessary that interesting things and sensations be deposited in the memory of the visitor, which will harmoniously merge into the overall concept of the hairdresser.
2. What materials are best used for finishing beauty studios? In addition to an attractive appearance, you need to consider the wear resistance of the selected materials. Therefore, we recommend decorating the interior of a beauty salon using durable modern materials: metal, polycarbonate and treated hardwood.
3. How does the target audience influence the choice of the overall concept? If you are planning to design a beauty salon for young people, pay attention to modern styles: fusion, art deco or pop art, high society clients will appreciate classics or high-tech more, and for a small cozy salon in a residential area, a loft and even Provence will do.
4. How many colors or shades are better to use in the design? Do not overload the establishment with bright colors – we at Ionosphere recommend focusing on 2 main and 1-2 auxiliary shades that will decorate the beauty salon design as bright accents.
5. What wall finishes will make the interior of the beauty salon more memorable? At the moment we use 3 main options for wall decoration: paint, plaster and wallpaper. The first option is the fastest and most inexpensive, the second helps to achieve unusual textures, and the third has the most unique set of colors and patterns.
6. What kind of flooring is better to use in a hairdresser’s and barbershop? The floor in a beauty establishment should be easy to clean and non-slip, so we recommend including linoleum, laminate or medium relief tiles in the interior of a beauty salon.