How to choose the interior design of penthouses?
Buyers choose the type of future housing depending on their own financial capabilities and individual preferences – someone is closer to large country houses, and someone prefers city apartments in prestigious areas. For example, penthouses are considered especially status and in demand – large apartments occupying the entire top floor of the building. High-end housing provides complete privacy to residents, and a large area allows you to translate into reality almost any popular design.
Features of modern penthouses.
Penthouses are characterized by differences that distinguish this type of housing from others:
- Top floor. Unlike a classic city apartment, the penthouse is located exclusively on the top floor of the building.
- A huge area. Apartments are popular due to their large areas – an average of 300-1000 square meters, on the basis of which it is possible to realize the wishes of the customer without much difficulty. Even a large family will be comfortable here, as there is enough space for a personal corner for each family member.
- Lack of neighbors. Since the entire top floor is allocated for VIP housing, you don’t have to worry about noisy and intrusive neighbors, because there are no other residents on top and sides of the apartment.
- Individual interior design of the penthouse by special order. To make the life of the owner and his family as comfortable as possible, it is recommended to select the interior, taking into account the individual characteristics of the space, even at the stage of arrangement. For example, huge panoramic windows are often installed in apartments to play up the height of the building and a unique view of the city.
- Fresh air. Typically, elite apartments are equipped in high-rise multi-storey buildings, so dust, odors and smog do not reach the upper floors. The air remains clean and fresh throughout the day at any time of the year.
- Silence. On the upper floors, annoying city noise is not heard, which does not subside day or night. Therefore, household members feel comfortable, calmly doing their own business and not being distracted by extraneous sounds.
Suitable penthouse interior design.
Owners can create and bring to life even an atypical penthouse interior, as the large area of
For example, designers allow the demolition of walls or partitions, thanks to which, on the basis of a penthouse, it will be possible to create a full-fledged large-format studio. You can also install additional partitions or turn doorways into arched passages to match the decor in the chosen direction. A large area allows you to allocate a separate corner even for a recreation area and your own sports corner for regular workouts – for example, several simulators will fit perfectly on a glazed terrace or balcony. But the following design solutions are popular among buyers:
- Arrangement of several levels. Huge areas of penthouses can be divided into several levels: 2 or 3 floors will help to organize the space more comfortably. For example, the first level is ideal for arranging a living room or dining room with a recreation area for residents, and on the second level you can arrange spacious bedrooms for each family member, an office and several dressing rooms.
- Professional zoning. Even if they don’t plan to design a classic studio on the basis of the apartment, you can’t do without thoughtful space zoning. Free layout allows you to delimit functional areas without losing square meters, while even the play of colors and the use of lamps with different intensities can create a separation effect.
- Own elevator or curly staircase. If the penthouse interior design that is being developed will consist of several levels, experts recommend installing a small elevator or a beautiful staircase to move between tiers. The installation of such structures makes moving around the apartment quick and convenient, and the atmosphere bright and impressive, adding status to the owners
- Non-standard layout. To make your stay comfortable, designers advise you to think over and clearly identify separate functional rooms in advance. For example, a layout with a huge living room-studio in the center of the room is considered optimal – here you can meet guests, hold parties or have a nice rest with your family.
- Exterior decoration. It is equally important to think over the exterior design correctly – full-wall panoramic windows made of impact-resistant glass with huge frames in contrasting colors look beautiful and stylish. Also, clients often order industrial-style exterior finishes using dark metal, glass parts and exposed communication nodes.
Popular design styles for penthouses.
In the capital’s design studio Ionosphere often use popular styles to decorate urban penthouse apartments. For example, hi-tech is especially popular – a modern trend with an abundance of clear geometric shapes and wear-resistant materials: glass, metal and polycarbonate. The black and white color scheme with 1-2 dot accents of bright colors, simple and functional furniture and a minimum of decorative details also look relevant. The only decorations that will be appropriate are small paintings by contemporary artists, black and white photos in simple frames, or bizarrely shaped mirrors. No less in demand among customers is minimalism – a discreet style focused on comfort. As part of this trend, it is allowed to install comfortable, discreet furniture in pastel shades, light-colored walls, contrasting tiled or wooden floors, and several pots with live plants. For the decorations, 1-2 fluffy and warm carpets on the floor and several rugs on the furniture are enough – minimalism accepts the use of only useful and functional design elements. Loft and modern are recognized as more refined and bright interiors for penthouses, but for the competent design of these styles, it is better to seek help from specialists.