We clearly understand what “interior design” means and appreciate the home comfort of each person, therefore the creation of unique projects for townhouses is our profession.
1. Design project of a townhouse
A separate house is great, but a townhouse is more attractive in terms of practicality. Translated from English, town house is a “house in the city”: a separate direction in architecture that allows, with a minimum of expensive space, to get a full-fledged detached housing of a couple of floors. The design of a townhouse is an opportunity to arrange your own world: only a couple of side walls bring other people together, under the window there is its own greenery and a mini-yard. The construction of such buildings and their arrangement is gaining popularity. It is not difficult to build, it is more difficult to organize full comfort and functionality in a limited space. Designed according to the project, the interior version is designed to combine:
- aesthetic preferences of residents;
- necessary areas of the dwelling along with their different functional content;
- wishes all family members, including hobbies and lifestyles.
As a result, the design of the townhouse is a graphical representation of the future appearance of the rooms. It takes into account the layout (existing and being created), vertical zoning (what will be on each floor and where the owners like it best), as well as the ability to place communications in a convenient place. The scope for the designer is immense: the ideas of the residents to create a place for living, sleeping, studying, receiving guests are embodied. Typical solutions are as follows:
- on the first floor there is a living room with a sofa, an entrance hall or a kitchen;
- on the second and subsequent – bedrooms, offices and rest rooms;</li >
- in the attic, “noisy” rooms are optimal – a home theater, a play area or a billiards.
Partitions, lighting, color schemes, multi-level floors and ceilings are used to achieve the desired effect or the required capabilities , stairs and more. Only a specialist can create the best option.
2. Styles in the interior of a townhouse
When a townhouse design project is required, it is important to immediately decide how the result is seen. More precisely, not so: in what kind of house would you like to live, and what are you like yourself? The possibilities of design finishing are that on each floor you can create something of your own. The general atmosphere, the arrangement of furniture, the presence of individual elements (fireplace, partitions or shelving), saturation with soft materials or glass, the prevalence of a certain color – this leads to the selection of a certain style. So, the most popular options are:
- classic: comfort, abundance of wood finishes, elegant furniture, fabrics, carpets and soft light, natural shades and paintings;
- loft: a wide space, fenced with brickwork with graffiti and paintings, with office or simple furniture and a bar-like kitchen with elements in the spirit of “there was a spray booth / treatment plant here”;
- “Scandinavia”: maximum free space, large windows and a minimum of furniture on a wooden floor, delicate and light colors, carpets and a fireplace;
- minimalism: for small rooms, without bright colors and accessories, with the simplest furniture and subdued light, straight lines and visual lightness of designs;
- hi-tech: lots of space, abundance of metal and glass, modern furniture and saturation with appliances, built-in lighting and a minimum of plants;
- Victorian: a mixture of simplicity and saturation with ornate lines and accessories, deep colors, wood and textiles, arches and stucco for luxury;
- oriental: stone and stucco, low wood furniture, maximum textiles, vases and
- fancy lighting fixtures, arches and poufs, Asian motifs and reddish browns.
In these and other styles guess the essence and individual elements that you can use and get your own, unique style. Intricate fusion, romantic Provence, home country will help with this. For 2021, fashion trends are expressed in the pursuit of naturalness, nature and a sense of energy, so the townhouse design project is based on free space, aesthetic furniture and richness of colors.
3. Ready-made design projects for townhouses
We are ready to help you implement plans that have already been formed or are still in the air for the design arrangement of your home. Our experience includes projects that differ from each other: in terms of the style of the interior, the depth of the finish, the breadth of the applied solutions, the area of the object and its number of floors, but most importantly, the overall atmosphere, ideally suited to the character and habits of the residents. For successfully completed objects, we have already applied the following styles: classic, modern (with a touch of modern), ethnic, Provence, fusion and loft. For example, one family really likes the classic interior of a townhouse with hints of minimalism. Natural finishes, furniture made of wood and metal, a few decorations and accessories that contrast with the straight lines of decoration – all this is harmoniously placed on 90 square meters. meters. Upholstered furniture, rounded furnishings and light (sometimes even pastel) colors make the accommodation very cozy. Hidden lighting fixtures and thoughtful placement of household appliances complete the arrangement of the rooms. Or, for example, a spacious, modern-style townhouse with an area of 120 square meters. meters. Its equipment consists of suites skillfully integrated into the rooms (wardrobes, kitchen), furniture made of wood and multi-colored fabric, various lighting fixtures and a minimalist bathroom interior. The combination of textiles, wood, tiles and glass makes the interior rich and diverse.
4. An example of a townhouse design project
One of the most interesting and sincere projects was a townhouse located a 5-minute walk from the Dnieper. On an area of just 55 sq. meters, we managed to create a full-fledged living space. For the object, the design of a townhouse in a modern style was chosen. The practicality of each meter and the high level of illumination are crucial. The zonal division is maintained even without strict demarcation: kitchen, living room (recreation area), bedroom and decent bathroom. The main color scheme consists of a combination of light pastel colors (white, beige and cream) with dark colors (brown and dark beige variations). A bit of naturalness is added by a few small living plants in the corners. The housing is furnished to a sufficient extent – convenient passages are preserved in any direction, you can stay in almost any corner of the rooms. The choice was made in favor of wooden furniture in soft forms, textiles and various fabrics were used in large quantities. Overhead lighting, typical for apartments, is supplemented with lamps and a floor lamp. Balcony and panoramic (2.95 meters high) windows provide maximum visibility. A glass partition-wall separates the bedroom, but visually does not interfere. Simple, art-free walls evoke associations with the loft style, but the abundance of woody motifs rather makes the housing classic.
5. How to order a townhouse design?
Getting the perfect home for you starts with a request: a phone call, an email or a visit to our office in Kyiv – that will be enough. We know what to do next so that your living space gets a chic filling:
- we will discuss your vision and take into account all wishes;
- we will study the object on the spot to analyze the restrictions and communications;
- we will discuss preferred options using materials, furniture and items that are best suited for your future home;
- we will find the best option, including taking into account trends and fashion trends (for example, in In 2020, a wave of design with a fair amount of fantasy was popular).
We are confident that we will create the perfect home for you, because:
- skillfully plan every corner taking into account the interests and rhythm of the life of the owners;
- we select all the furniture according to the taste and desire of the owner (and use a scientific approach, considering the aspect of anthropometry);
- we find the best solution in terms of colors and lighting ;
- we will show several options for further discussion in the near future.
Such housing as a townhouse, the design in our performance will provide convenience and luxury, and a pleasant price will be a bonus for you.
1. When will it be possible to equip a Scandinavian-style townhouse if the new building has not yet been “surrendered”? Immediately after receiving the keys, but we are ready to start creating a Scandinavian interior right now if there is a house plan. For a dwelling like a townhouse, interior design will take time, so we will start planning as much as possible, and it will be possible to equip it and arrange furniture later.
2. My family has a lot of everything – dishes, clothes, books, toys … Will it be possible to create a minimalist townhouse design for us? Yes. Minimalism concerns the interior, not the personal belongings of the residents. Whatever lies on the floor or by the fireplace, wherever the books are located, minimalism is expressed precisely in the furnishings, in the design. And the toys can be removed in the evening, and a beautiful room will remain.
3. How much will the interior design of a townhouse cost if the house is small? In the classical view, the size of the room and the richness of the interior do not correlate. It all depends on the style and size of the rooms (in particular, the living room as the largest one), the requirements for equipping the kitchen, the availability of an office and the layout of the bedroom, the placement of the TV area, and much more. We take into account the content and recommend solutions, but their cost is already a subject of discussion.
4. Is it possible to tie the interior design of the townhouse to the surrounding landscape design? All ideas are important for the designer: if the house has a pond or a railway, we will definitely beat it if the owner wishes. The interior layout and furnishings will take into account the view from the window to be combined with the surrounding landscape.
5. Is it possible to include a fireplace in the interior design of a townhouse if there are no conditions for it in the house? In the interior of a townhouse or cottage, the fireplace plays the role of a hearth – it attracts guests and creates a feeling of comfort. Therefore, if it is not there, but you really want it, we will plan a repair with the installation of a false fireplace. For housing such as a townhouse, the interior is created entirely at the request of the customer.
6. Do you have ready-made design projects for townhouses to start a discussion with something? Yes, we have a portfolio of our own completed projects with photos, descriptions (if you wish, we can show the drawings, but they are not important in design). All rooms (especially kitchens, bathrooms and bedrooms) should be planned as precisely as possible, and for decor it is important to use materials, colors and shapes that you like, but first we will offer our options. Townhouse interior design is a special kind of art.