How to design a modern hall design?
If you are not sure that you can correctly choose the best interior for a hall in an apartment or a private house, you can always invite a professional designer whose experience and knowledge will help you create a project that takes into account all the wishes and preferences. In order for the result to be attractive and comfortable, it is important to adhere to several important algorithms for shaping the situation, with which you can choose a style that suits the owner in character.
The principles of creating the atmosphere for the hall.
The hall is a room for the general pastime of all family members, so it is important that the design of the hall is universal and that every tenant likes it. It is necessary to organize the space in such a way that everyone has their own cozy corner, equipped according to individual wishes. At the same time, the room should be decorated in a single style that will not stand out from the general concept of the interior of the house or apartment. To avoid such mistakes, Ionosphere specialists advise to pay attention to the following points:
- Sizes and shapes. Some styles are more relevant for spacious rooms, while others look great in compact spaces, so it’s important to choose the decor taking into account the size and architectural features of a particular room.
- Thoughtful zoning. To make the hall not only beautiful, but also comfortable, it is worth considering in advance the future division of the room into functional zones. For example, you can highlight a children’s corner, a place to relax, a dining area or a space for friendly gatherings. And you can make a separation using different techniques – for example, choose a finish that is different in color or structure, or fence off functional areas with furniture. Also, an excellent solution would be a multi-level floor or the use of lighting fixtures with different intensities and brightness.
- Finishing materials. If you want the walls in your hall to have non-standard textures or bright colors, pay attention to modern wallpaper. To date, there is a huge variety of wallpapers with unusual colors and textures: liquid, vinyl, paper or washable. Fabric or three-dimensional options are also popular, which allow you to make the interior catchy and non-standard, and for those who like to periodically change the color scheme of the hall, there are wallpapers for painting. The second most popular finishing material is decorative plaster, which can be smooth or embossed. And the most atypical design solutions use combinations of different materials, when wallpaper, different colors, plaster and even individual wall panels alternate within the same room.
- Ceiling zone. The design of the ceiling can make the interior of the hall noticeable and memorable, but it directly depends on the size of the room. For example, stretch or curly options are not suitable for rooms with low ceilings, as they will make the room even lower – in this case, classic whitewashing or painting is more relevant. For high rooms, there are fewer restrictions, for example, you can equip multi-level canvases or use stucco molding.
- Color scheme. If earlier it was customary to use discreet monochromatic designs, now designers are advised to pay attention to unusual color combinations for the hall. For example, if you have a sunny room with southern windows, you can use cool and saturated shades that will look relevant due to the bright natural light. For northern rooms, soft pastel palettes are more suitable to help compensate for the lack of sunlight.
- Choice of furniture. To create a comfortable environment, you need to choose furniture taking into account three parameters at once: convenience, actual size and suitable color. For example, for classic white designs, professionals advise using furniture in bright colors that will create visible accents against a white background. The minimum set for the hall includes: a sofa, several chairs, a table and shelving or a set for storing small items. the own bar-counter and a children’s corner for games also look good.
Hall design depending on the size.
The smaller the room, the more difficult it is to create a bright environment on its basis, however, the Ionosphere company can easily equip a room of almost any size and non-standard shape. For example, if a small hall in a classic Khrushchev is used as the basis, you can expand the available space by combining several adjacent rooms according to the studio principle. However, such redevelopment requires the participation of a specialist who will help to correctly design the future hall, draw up the necessary documentation and calculate the estimate. In small rooms, it is worth abandoning the installation of large cabinets and bulky furniture in favor of compact modular structures or transforming models. For example, an interior in a minimalist style with light finishes and a small amount of decor is considered a good solution. It is a little more difficult to arrange a walk-through room, since special attention must be paid not only to the appearance, but also to the wear resistance of materials. For example, tiles or durable laminate are perfect for the floor, and it is recommended to spread carpets only in recreation areas. It is better to remove furniture from the passage area, placing it along the walls away from the doors. For more space savings, instead of classic door panels, sliding structures look better. If a modern design of a large hall is made, the owners and designers have many options available. For example, in spacious rooms, a loft-style design with a touch of light incompleteness and creative disorder looks good. Also for large rooms, ethnic styles are relevant, which rely on characteristic finishes and traditional decor – Japanese minimalism or American country. Lovers of peace and comfort will appreciate the French Provence with its moderate colors, floral ornaments and natural motifs. And if you have some doubts when choosing an interior for the hall, you can always order a three-dimensional computer model of the future room in the Ionosphere. High-quality 3D visualization allows you to evaluate the selected design and eliminate doubtful points before the start of repair work.