Modern people living in large cities increasingly prefer apartments and houses created according to smart principles. This design is equally relevant for young people and pensioners, for business people and couples, because it is based on the efficient and rational use of each square meter. However, the modern design studio Ionosfera notes that a successful interior of a smart apartment in a limited space of urban housing requires a certain imagination and creativity, so experts recommend paying attention to the basic principles and non-standard techniques.
The main aspects of creating smart apartments
In order to create a “smart” space that will become a dream home for every family member, it is important to know what requirements are paramount and make the smart apartment design project successful. After all, such premises provide the most comfortable and functional space based on small apartments. For example, top design studios note the importance of the following points;
1. Maximum space. To make housing comfortable for the owner, designers are trying to correctly use every free centimeter. But for this, even at the planning stage, it is worth getting rid of unnecessary elements and details: narrow corridors, extra doors or partitions. Therefore, many professionals recommend creating smart apartment designs based on classic studios, where there are no unnecessary details and elements.
2. Minimizing the size of secondary rooms. If the studio layout is not entirely relevant for a particular case, you can achieve an expansion of the functional space by reducing additional rooms: a hallway, a bathroom, utility rooms, loggias. For example, in many modern projects, these premises are nominally present, occupying a minimum of space.
3. Use of small-sized furniture. Obviously, on the basis of a small room, you should not install volumetric furniture elements, as they will occupy all the free space and create the impression of clutter and congestion in the interior. When designing the interior of a smart apartment, it is better to choose lightweight, multifunctional, built-in or foldable items that can do more tasks in less space.
4. Modern technology. The minimum space imposes certain restrictions on the number of household appliances used. There is no place for bulky stand-alone devices; built-in multifunctional solutions that can combine several work areas are much more suitable.
These are the main recommendations, thanks to which it will be possible to create and implement effective interior design of a smart apartment based on almost any small-sized housing.
Advantages and disadvantages of smart apartments
The design studio Ionosphere notes a large-scale increase in the interest of the inhabitants in the creation of smart housing. And this is understandable, because such projects have several undeniable advantages:
1. Affordable cost. Due to the small area, such options are cheaper than classic apartments, even if they are located in top residential complexes with all the necessary infrastructure.
2. The possibility of implementing individual plans. The absence of partitions and free layout allows owners to create smart apartment design projects with elements of popular styles and fashion trends, combining them to their own taste.
3. Savings on future repairs and utility bills. Efficient use of each meter of a small area helps to significantly save on its maintenance, utilities, as well as restoration and repair.
Despite the obvious advantages and affordable cost, smart apartment design also has several disadvantages that can be a problem for some customers:
1. The small open space of smart compact housing is not suitable for large families and couples with children, as there is no privacy.
2. Even at the planning stage, it is necessary to provide for soundproofing and an exhaust hood so that various sounds and smells from the bathroom or forge do not spread throughout the space.
3. Sometimes owners have to buy non-standard furniture and appliances or make them to order in order to fit everything they need into the limited interior of a smart apartment.
However, the organization of smart housing is a cool modern trend. With effective planning, you can create a real architectural masterpiece based on a classic small family.