The neoclassicism style made it possible to resurrect the classics and adapt them to the modern way of life. Originating in the 19th century, it is still the most popular interior design style in Europe. He is loved for a unique combination of luxury, presentability and coziness, comfort.
FEATURES OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF NEOCLASSICS IN THE INTERIOR OF APARTMENTS
Any interior can be transformed into a neoclassical style, as it is not as demanding on finishing materials as classicism. It is enough to pay attention to the following details:
- The use of one light pastel range (white, beige, sand colors) both in decoration and in furniture;
- Bronze paint will help to beautifully decorate furniture fittings to emphasize the chosen style;
- Minimalism in the setting: the rooms should have only the necessary furniture, the decor does not overload the interior;
- Furniture should have carved elements, legs can be curved, curly;
- The stucco elements on the ceiling in white and gold, as well as the large chandelier, are essential elements of both classical and neoclassical style;
- The moldings are wide and painted white, while the ceiling is usually done in brown;
- Curtains must be heavy and draped, you can refuse pelmets;
- Add antique or floral textiles
Unlike classical style, neoclassicism is not picky about unique decor: expensive paintings and antiques, it stands for the practicality and comfort of the apartment owners . What you need to take care of is lighting: in addition to the central spreading chandelier, you should hang a wall lamp or put table lamps on the bedside tables. It is great if the apartment has large windows – they will add light to the room. When choosing furniture, you should pay attention to sophisticated models: the neoclassical interior is light and weightless. In the living room, it is desirable to have a fireplace, and in the bedroom – a bedside ottoman. The zoning of the premises is carried out by columns and arches: to embody neoclassicism in an apartment, they often get rid of the doors to the living room and kitchen. Thus, the neoclassical style allows you to make the interior of the apartment beautiful and comfortable at the same time: to do this, it is enough to withstand one light warm color scheme, decorate rooms with imitation columns and wide white cornices, buy a luxurious chandelier and hang awnings on the windows.