Despite its name, the Art Nouveau style is no longer new. Its heyday is the end of the 19th – the middle of the 20th century, when it was decided to abandon straight lines and sharp corners, accept technological progress and use modern finishing materials, as well as plastic, glass and metal for interior design. Despite the short reign of this style, it has forever won the hearts of interior designers, who are always happy to use it in their projects.
FEATURES OF THE APARTMENT IN THE MODERN STYLE
It is not difficult to equip an apartment in the Art Nouveau style, because it is aimed at maximum comfort and coziness of the home. The main features of the style are:
- unity of space, furniture, decor, lighting and mood;
- smooth curved lines;
- lack of clear boundaries between zones and rooms: they smoothly “flow” into each other;
- patterns and ornaments from the plant world;
- an abundance of decorative elements made of wood, ceramics and glass;
- pictures in the style of symbolism;
- introduction of modern technologies;
- variety of colors;
- furniture without sharp corners on curved legs;
- soft subdued light;
- an abundance of embroidered textiles;
- maximum room functionality;
- partitions, arches.
Particular attention in the interior of the “modern” style is paid to the arrangement of furniture: it must correspond to the functional areas and human needs. In addition, a sufficient amount of free space is important. The owner of the apartment should be as comfortable and convenient as possible in the room. Nothing should interfere with him, and decorative elements are designed to please the eye and create the appropriate mood. In general, the modern style is an aesthetic, it will never be boring or repulsive. At the same time, it can be implemented in an apartment of any size and rooms of various shapes. The materials are also not decisive: harmony and aesthetics can also be achieved using synthetic materials. Therefore, using the Modern style in apartment design will never be expensive.