It is generally accepted that minimalism is rooted in the national traditions of Japan, but the prerequisites for the emergence of this style can be found in constructive solutions of the early twentieth century. With the development of modern technologies, a new view of the world around us has appeared, which is reflected in architecture and art. There has been a gradual transition to a new reality, where there is no place for an abundance of jewelry in the absence of their functional usefulness.
FEATURES OF USING MINIMALISM IN AN APARTMENT
The interior should be functional and well thought out. Each detail has its own role. The golden rule of minimalism style is better a lack than an excess of something. AT apartment interior items that are not involved in the daily life of people should not be present.
- Soft and diffused lighting, as if coming from the ceiling and walls and filling the entire room of the apartment. Well thought out ideal layout, large windows without curtains;
- A minimalist apartment should have a lot of space. The interior is dominated by a palette of light colors, mostly white. Bright accents of a different color are allowed – pink, sand, all shades of gray;
- There should be little furniture. All items are low, without unnecessary decor, reliefs, folds and decorations;
- Against the background of a small number of items, special attention is paid to their quality – only the best stone, leather and fabric specimens. Frosted glass and chrome-plated steel products will help to revive the interior;
- Instead of the usual curtains and curtains – blinds, screens (there may be roller blinds).
When creating minimalism in your apartment, remember that this is not only a feature of the interior, but a way of life and worldview. Lovers of sensuality and connoisseurs of luxury will not be able to feel comfortable in an apartment decorated in a minimalist style. They will feel insecure, alone and dissatisfied. On the contrary, for people who do not pay attention to trifles, focused and purposeful, this style is most suitable.