The Art Deco style comes from France. It originated after World War II at an art exhibition that featured Parisian-made luxury goods. Inspired designers and architects began to create a new culture that celebrated luxury, pretentiousness, creativity and exclusivity. Sculptures made of ivory and bronze became the symbol of that era.
DESIGN FEATURES OF THE APARTMENT IN THE “ART DECO” STYLE
In a modern apartment interior elements of “art deco” are:
- an abundance of shiny glossy surfaces;
- Marble or imitation stoneware flooring
- bronze or its imitation in the design of walls, ceilings;
- furniture made from exclusive wood species;
- forged and metal elements in furniture and decor;
- furniture upholstery in satin, velor and natural leather;
- stained-glass windows;
- large paintings in chic frames;
- black, olive and pastel colors predominate;
- accessories in gold color;
- spiral or straight staircase with black lacquered wrought iron railings;
- unusual chandeliers made of colored glass in bizarre shapes;
- large wall or floor mirrors;
- zigzag elements, sun rays;
- stepping in the finishing of the floor, walls, ceiling;
- trapezoidal shapes;
- piano keys in decoration, decor;
- abundance of frames.
Wood, glass, aluminum, lacquered surfaces, genuine leather, skins, stainless steel are used as materials for decoration, furniture and accessories in the Art Deco style. To embody this style direction in an apartment, it is worth decorating the walls with “pattern” wallpaper, using cornices, purchasing unusual furniture and bronze accessories, as well as decorating rooms with paintings and mirrors and installing an electric fireplace with a chic portal.