Empire is a unique style that emerged during the reign of Napoleon. That is why it has the royal charm of a great emperor and commander, a combination of luxury and military pretentiousness. The Empire style remains a common style to this day, as it is distinguished by its special beauty, sublimity and grandeur.
If you decide to decorate an apartment in the Empire style, then you should remember the main features of such an interior:
- Gilding and ornamentation must be present. Moreover, the ornament should be presented in the form of laurel weaves and floral patterns;
- Empire is grace, grandeur, monumentality, smoothness of lines. Often in the interior in the Empire style, various sculptures, columns, stucco moldings are used;
- Walls should be textured. Therefore, for their decoration it is worth using tapestries, silk fabrics, wood panels with elements of aging. Of the modern options, you can use silk-screened wallpaper;
- All interior items should be distinguished by smooth lines and curves, have gilding. Furniture should be made of natural wood, upholstery – from expensive fabrics, velor, velvet. Colors should be dark, strict;
- Draperies should be made of heavy fabrics, decorated with ruffles and ribbons. For lighting it is worth using multi-leg lamps. Install a large chandelier with many crystal elements in the center of the ceiling;
- Parquet or marble should be used for flooring.
An Empire-style apartment should look luxurious, beautiful, majestic. To do this, you need to use expensive and natural materials, textured finishes, decorate rooms with gilding, stucco, columns, medallions. The interior in the Empire style will be very expensive. And do not try to create it from cheap furniture, artificial materials. Such an interior will look vulgar, cheap and ugly.