Country style is a timeless style. It has been around for centuries, and is also a collective term for styles such as French, English, American, and Tuscan country. Country style blends old-world grandeur with luxurious comfort. The unpretentious and homely cozy country music arose as a natural result of rural life, therefore it brings us back to the past. The common features of this style are charming and practical design, soft colors, floral patterns, vintage motifs, as well as eclectic home accessories.
COUNTRY STYLE COTTAGE DESIGN FEATURES
In just 5 steps you can create a cozy cottage design country style:
- Colors: soft, muted colors that show the wear of time, indicate country style. Straw red, straw yellow, sage, muted periwinkle can be used as a base.
- Furniture: Grandma’s attic and flea markets are a great place to find the right furniture. The house should have furniture with straight lines, painted finishes and no ornament. Upholstered furniture is usually made of leather or lightweight fabrics in muted colors with floral or plaid patterns. Classic country-style furniture is a chest instead of a wardrobe, a massive wooden table, benches.
- Accessories: country-style accessories are handmade, which include wicker baskets, carved wooden cups and plates, ceramics, pewter and hand-forged metalwork.
- Textiles: quilts, patchwork rugs, sisal carpets and other handmade textiles have always been an integral part of the country style. Natural fabric air curtains with flower prints, checkered and striped fabric doilies complete the picture.
- Finishings: Wood and natural materials finishes have a distinct country style touch. For country style, whitewashed wood paneling on the walls and ceiling is paired with sisal flooring.
Country style brings beauty and variety to life outside the city.