Hi-tech is one of the “youngest” styles in interior design. Its main features – discreet decor and maximum functional use of space – are perfect for decorating the interior of a cottage.
HI-TECH STYLE FEATURES IN HOUSE DESIGN
Features of this style, which will fit perfectly into the design of the cottage, are as follows:
- use of stretch ceilings;
- windows only with blinds;
- flooring – laminate or parquet;
- A hi-tech bedroom in a cottage can be softened with warm colors and special decor;
- furniture in the living room must be built-in, with chrome elements, the chairs must simply rotate!
- The decoration of the cottage (except for the bedroom) should be in black, white, beige and gray colors, while color spots are allowed, but only in moderation. this is very important when choosing a color solution.
HI-TECH STYLE ELEMENTS IN COTTAGE DESIGN
All the features of the style tend to enlarge the space, to open it. Therefore, often the walls are simply white, and the furniture and appliances must be built-in. No colored wallpapers with flowers and polka dots! The absence of ruffles, artsy textiles, complex finishes – this is what attracts fans of high-tech style. The desire to be transported to the future is conveyed with the help of glass, plastic and chrome.
Even if you don’t want to decorate all the rooms in a high-tech cottage, think about how it would be successful to apply it in the kitchen and bathroom. The simplicity of forms and lines, which may not be to everyone’s taste in the bedroom or living room, seems to be specially created for those rooms where the most important criterion in evaluating functionality is.