Children’s room design ideas for girls.
If there is a child in the family, parents try to give him all the best, and the same principles apply when arranging the children’s room. For example, when developing a suitable room design, it is important to choose environmentally friendly materials with the highest level of impact and wear resistance, washable coatings and comfortable furniture. Your own room is a future refuge, a guarantee of a comfortable childhood, a child’s personal territory, so it should reflect his personality in every detail. And if the design of a children’s room for a girl is being created, the choice of colors and decor should be treated very carefully, because little princesses are very demanding and picky. It is necessary to design the interior taking into account the taste preferences of the future owner, leaving room for physical and creative development.
Baby room up to 5 years old.
In young children, preferences change very quickly, so you should not use global or monolithic decor elements that will not be possible to replace or remake in the future. Experts recommend adhering to the following recommendations for decorating children’s rooms for preschool girls:
- Universal design. At the heart of the interior should be a versatile, discreet interior that can be supplemented with removable or portable decorative items. It is better to design the space in a minimalist style to add bright accents and decorations as needed and according to the child’s preferences. For example, for very young girls, pictures, figurines or toys with cartoon characters are relevant, but favorite characters can change every 2-3 months, so you should not apply their images to walls or furniture in a global way. It is enough to use posters, pictures or stickers that are easy to add and just as easy to remove.
- Vivid impressions and educational aspects. While adhering to minimalism, do not forget that the first childhood impressions are the most vivid and memorable. You should not rely only on your own concept of beauty or deny the child self-expression, because tastes may change later. The chosen design of a nursery for a girl will definitely affect her perception of the world around her and the formation of tastes and behavioral habits. Therefore, choose things that your baby will definitely like, but do not forget about the educational aspects of the items.
- Independence and safety. The smaller the child, the less accuracy and restraint in his movements. Therefore, when choosing a future environment, do not deny the girl independence, but do not forget about her safety and comfort. The young owner of the space should have free access to personal items, toys and objects of interest, but parents must ensure that the environment does not contain sharp corners, harmful materials, small objects or wobbly furniture.
- Variety and external aesthetics. If you are decorating the premises for a little princess, this does not mean at all that you need to paint it in all shades of pink and fill it with the maximum number of various dolls and bears. Thoughtful bedroom design for a girl should not be monotonous and typical, so you do not need to fanatically follow every item from fashion magazines or books on child psychology. Consider the important educational aspects of the interior, listen to the wishes of the child, do not be afraid to add an extra object to the interior or a color that is not characteristic of age – but at the same time, do not forget about the external aesthetics of the design and the psychological influence of the selected elements.
Bedroom for a girl over 5 years old.
As children get older, they become consistent in their own tastes, so more colorful and stable designs can be chosen. And yet, the choice of decor is best left to the future tenant, allowing them to realize their own wishes and preferences. The task of parents in this matter is to control and direct the child’s imagination in a calmer direction, so that the interior turns out to be harmonious and comfortable. For example, for older girls, experts recommend paying attention to the following fashion trends:
- Modern-style bedroom. If a girl does not like typical girly decorations or she has already grown out of the age of doll hobbies, professionals advise to pay attention to modern finishes. The conciseness and restraint of style help to create a universal room on the basis of which the child can display his own hobbies and creative impulses. For example, the design of a small children’s room for a girl can be decorated with bright photo wallpapers of an unusual theme, which are easy to change when the child’s tastes change. Another interesting modern idea is a creative corner, where you can set up an easel or a drawing board, as well as make room on the walls for ready-made drawings and crafts.
- Refined classic style. A little lady can be seen even at a very young age, so if a girl is fond of classic literary works about secular balls or loves cartoons and fairy tales about castles and princesses, classic decoration will be a universal solution. For example, the central place in the interior can be allocated to a luxurious bed with a canopy and carved legs, and lush draperies, curtains with lambrequins, exquisite tables or a dressing table can be used as decorations. This design will help to cultivate aristocracy and manners from a young age.
- A neat design of a room for a teenage girl in the Provence style. The sophistication and simplicity of the French hinterland will be appreciated by older children who have already clearly formed individual preferences. Provence is perfect for dreamy and romantic teenagers who prefer a soft pastel palette and soothing floral ornaments. Such a nursery is also relevant for hyperactive children who find it difficult to calm down and fall asleep in a bright and catchy atmosphere. In addition, Provence is based on the use of natural materials and finishes, which means that it is not dangerous for the health of the future tenant.
- Screaming pop art. For active and creative people who are close to bright and catchy design, the pop art youth style is ideal. In such a bedroom, you can embody non-standard hobbies by making them part of the overall design. The only condition is that the room must fit into the overall concept of the house, creating a single design structure. As part of the style, you can use juicy catchy shades in the most atypical combinations, as well as elements of modern pop culture – images of characters from comics or posters with youth idols and popular bands.
Classic colors. Little girls and young girls are sensitive to the environment and different color shades, so it is important to consider their personal moods when choosing a bedroom design. The minimum deviation in the color palette can already affect the mood of the future owner, so experts advise choosing a palette in accordance with the character of the child. Nevertheless, there are tones that are more in demand and relevant for decorating girly rooms:
- Pastel pink. Although pink room design for girls seems stereotypical, in fact this color has so many different shades and variations that it really is considered to be the top color in the design of children’s bedrooms. The main thing is to avoid too saturated and bright tones, preferring calm pastels and powdery options that are perfectly combined with white or gray as a base.
- Unbanal lilac. This shade of purple is considered a stylish and atypical variation on the theme of girlish design. Cold colors have a positive effect on the development of a girl, especially if she is active and cannot always quickly calm down and tune in to rest.
- Comfortable green. Today, three shades of green are at the peak of popularity at once: mint, olive and warm light green. These are neutral tones that will be relevant for a child’s bedroom of any gender and age. In addition, psychologists note the beneficial effect of such colors on the child’s psyche.
You can also use universal colors such as white, beige or mustard – these options are recognized as timeless classics that can be a suitable solution absolutely for any room owner.