Finishing materials of the future – what are they? How do they differ from the usual and traditional ones? And how much more acceptable are they for finishing apartments, renovating a new building or performing an elite renovation? Let’s try to answer these questions…
FINISHING WORKS – SETTING PRIORITIES
Before starting any repair, each of us makes an estimate. What will be the estimate for the repair of an apartment or house, office or industrial premises, depends solely on preferences for the quality of work and the type of finishing materials. These preferences can be many. But we are united in the main thing: we all want finishing materials to be as affordable as possible, as durable and safe as possible.
These are the finishing materials of the new generation. And if earlier a tree that does not burn, glass that does not break, and tiles that do not break upon impact were fantastic, today they can be used to carry out a major overhaul of apartments and offices, build cottages and forget about the need for updates in interior.
RENOVATION OF A NEW APARTMENT WITH NEW FINISHING MATERIALS
So, what finishing materials of the “future” can be used in repair of an apartment or cottage? Here are a few examples of such materials that are gaining popularity in the construction market from year to year.
- Thermotree. Environmentally friendly wood that has undergone heat treatment. Thanks to this, the material acquires resistance to moisture and temperature extremes, resistance to biological influences and fire, and incredible wear resistance. Thermowood products are terrace boards, piece and garden parquet, facade boards and materials that imitate lining, timber with a texture that completely repeats the structure of wood.
- Gypsum plaster TEPLON. The unique formula of this light plaster allows not only to quickly level the surfaces and give them heat-insulating properties. But also, due to high vapor permeability, it maintains an optimal balance of humidity in the premises, thereby ensuring the creation of the most comfortable microclimate.
- Interior paint StoClimasan Color. The innovative paint has an air purification effect based on the principle of photocatalysis. One has only to turn on the light in the room, and the paint begins to destroy suspended dust particles and harmful compounds in the air. As a result, the atmosphere in the premises becomes much cleaner and safer.
- Acrylic Glass. The material, admired by designers, is completely safe from injury. It is lightweight and easy to install, and its romantic matte finish allows for stunning design effects.
The main distinguishing feature of these and other new generation finishing materials is their safety. They are made from environmentally friendly components, thereby contributing to the creation of a clean living or working space. And besides, the service life of these materials usually exceeds 25 years. Agree, a fairly respectable indicator for interior decoration.
ENERGY-SAVING TECHNOLOGIES IN AN APARTMENT AND HOUSE
How much do you think it is possible to reduce the consumption of electricity and heat in a house or office if modern energy-saving techniques are applied? At 5, 10, 15%? Didn’t guess. Energy-saving technologies introduced into the design or decoration of a building for any purpose can increase its energy efficiency up to 70%. Impressive? Undoubtedly.
HOW DO ENERGY SAVING TECHNOLOGIES WORK?
Energy efficiency measures are included in the overhaul of an apartment or at the design stage are provided during the construction of cottages. With high-quality performance, they provide a critical reduction in the thermal conductivity of structures: walls, ceilings, roofs, windows, etc. They also take into account the amount of energy consumed for daily household needs.
It is important to understand that it is impossible to make your home energy efficient by doing just finishing work. But by including one or more options for energy-saving techniques in the apartment renovation estimate, you will achieve amazing results. At the same time, the cost of repairing an apartment will depend on their varieties.
TYPES OF ENERGY SAVING TECHNOLOGIES
- Energy-saving lighting systems. Solar energy is used to organize lighting in the apartment. Ideally, system functionality is achieved at the level of 99.7%, which almost completely covers the need to use traditional electricity. These systems have 1 serious drawback – a significant price. To ensure budgetary energy efficiency of lighting, it is recommended to use special lighting devices, such as LED lamps.
- Variable electric drive. This technology provides the frequency of voltage supply depending on the actual required loads. In practice, this reduces the amount of energy consumed by up to 45%.
- Heating systems with automatic regulation function that maintain optimally comfortable indoor air temperature without exceeding the set limit.
- The use of heat-insulating materials: fiberglass, expanded polystyrene, etc., as well as mineral wool insulation.
To achieve the maximum effect, the complex use of several technologies is possible. But the decision regarding this or that technique, which can be used in your case, should be taken only by a specialist. Otherwise, you risk wasting money and not seeing the expected effect.