To visually enlarge the space, make it more spacious and bright, modern designers recommend abandoning the main walls. At Ionosfera, we will be able to select the ideal studio kitchen design, work out the layout and offer 3D visualization, turning the most non-standard ideas of the customer into reality.
Advantages and disadvantages of the studio kitchen
Studio apartments came to us from the West, where, due to the small size of the apartments, the living area is often combined. And open cooking areas can be arranged even in large houses and cottages, because the studio kitchen interior has the following advantages: tenants. 2. Ingenious design solutions. Thanks to the use of multifunctional lamps or decorative screens, a classic room can be turned into a masterpiece worthy of the front pages of specialized magazines. 3. Improvement of intra-family relations. If your choice was a studio kitchen, the design of which provides for the absence of partitions, then you no longer have to shout with family members through the walls. But despite the undeniable advantages, complete openness also has disadvantages, which we always warn customers about: 1. Minimum privacy. Not every cook likes to be watched while working, so the studio is not suitable for people who those who prefer solitary cooking. 2. Noise from household appliances. If the combination is made with a living room or bedroom, noise from appliances can interfere with the pastime of other family members. 3. Smell of cooking food. When we at Ionosfera decorate small studio kitchens, we always give a special role to the ventilation and exhaust system so that the smells of food do not settle in the rooms.
Studio kitchen design and competent organization of space
In the case of combined rooms, the layout must be approached with extreme caution, carefully considering the location of each element. Therefore, our designers recommend adhering to the following principles when designing a studio kitchen in 2020 and 2021: 1. Functional purpose. Decide in advance which features are the most important for you. For example, if you do not like noisy gatherings in a company, you should not allocate space for a dining table – you can replace it with a bar counter or a folding table. 2. Location of communications. If your choice is a studio kitchen, the layout should take into account the location of communication and engineering nodes. 3. A place for privacy. Not everyone is pleased to see what happens during cooking, so it is worth highlighting at least one hidden corner for the work area. For example, in the Ionosphere, we can replace the complete absence of walls with a partial one by making an opening in the form of a large arch. 4. Thoughtful zoning. You should not place a dining table next to the sink or a bar counter above the sofa..
Planning a studio kitchen in a house
Ionosfera employs design professionals, so we create projects taking into account customer requirements and global trends. For example, the kitchen studio 2020 and 2021 provides the following planning recommendations:
1. Division into zones. To make the environment look orderly and comfortable, it is important to divide the room into work areas that differ in appearance, but are united by a single motive. This can be done with screens and furniture, or by using different color shades and decorative finishes.
2. The location of the fixtures. Remember, the work area requires bright lighting, and for the rest area, a softer and more subdued light is suitable.
3. Podium or elevation. In order for the studio kitchen to occupy a central position in the apartment, design 2020 and 2021 proposes to equip the kitchen area on an elevation or podium. And under the elevation, you can make niches for storing things.
4. Functional furniture. For small spaces, an excellent solution would be to use multifunctional furniture – folding countertops, built-in shelving and folding tables.
5. Kitchen corners. Depending on the size and shape of the room, you can use corner, straight or built-in sets.
Popular studio kitchen interior styles
Our employees recommend paying attention to design styles that are in demand among connoisseurs of fashion solutions. For example, if you have a small dwelling, Provence with its cozy “rural” finishes, floral decor elements and soft color combinations will be a suitable style. The “immortal” solution is considered to be the classic style, with the help of which a small studio kitchen turns into a bright room with pastel finishes and geometric patterns on the walls. More lighting fixtures and natural materials, plus a touch of luxury in the form of gilding – this combination will visually enlarge and enrich the space. And it is better to design spacious rooms in a loft style, where maximum comfort intersects with a slight negligence of an industrial room. A bare brick finish, a minimum of decor and bright spot accents in the form of vintage furniture elements will help create a stylish room for friendly gatherings. We also recommend paying attention to the Scandinavian style with light austerity and marine motifs in the design.
Fashionable kitchen studio design ideas and trends 2021
We have been designing rooms for more than one year, so we are always up to date with the latest trends and fashion trends. For example, in comparison with the kitchen studio design 2020, this year non-standard recommendations appeared, with the help of which the kitchen studio will acquire individual features:
1. Insulation with sliding partitions. During cooking, the kitchen can be separated using sliding partitions or curtains made of transparent or partially transparent materials.
2. Ceiling zoning. Decorative beams, moldings or suspended structures will help to clearly separate the functional areas.
3. Partial horizontal demolition of a wall. Walls do not have to be removed completely, only the upper part can be removed, and the rest can be used as a shelf, bar counter or work surface. In this way, you will get not a characterless room, the design of which is copied from the pages of fashion magazines, but a bright room with an individual character.
1. Is it possible to design a studio kitchen based on an old one-room Khrushchev house with a water heater or a gas stove? In the Ionosphere, we came across such projects and successfully completed them. The only important condition is the presence of sliding partitions or screen doors, otherwise the specialists will not agree on the layout.
2. When developing a kitchen studio design, is it worth placing a bed in the cooking area? An open kitchen studio can be equipped with an extra bed for guests, but it is better to make it sliding or built-in, especially for rooms with limited space.
3. How to visually enlarge a small space when developing a kitchen studio layout? Modern ideas provide for a visual expansion of space with the help of light and glossy stretch ceilings, mirror and chrome surfaces will also help.
4. Is it possible to combine with a balcony? According to fashion trends, a studio kitchen can be combined with any living space, including a balcony. For example, by demolishing a partition with a glazed loggia, you can significantly increase the available area, but you should take care of the insulation of the room.
5. What to do if one of the kitchen walls is load-bearing? Building codes allow partial demolition of the load-bearing wall, provided that the remains are strengthened – in this case, your studio kitchen will get a zoning wall.
6. Is it possible to create a studio kitchen design project on your own? For proper planning and design of a kitchen room, it is important to take into account not only external attractiveness, but also architectural features, the location of engineering units and communications, and it is difficult to do this without involving a professional.