When choosing the design of a country house, you can apply any styles you like and their combinations, but you should not form a classic habit and bring all the old and unnecessary things to the dacha. We at Ionosphere offer a wide range of designs, and we can also create an individual interior, taking into account the requirements of the client and the fashionable world trends.
Interior of a country house: design features
Before embarking on the arrangement of suburban housing, namely interior design of a country house, it is important to think about how the exterior and interior decoration will look like, because for summer cottages it is allowed to use the most non-standard ideas. But there are certain principles that we try to adhere to in our work:
1. Natural materials. Traditional designs of country houses include the use of environmental materials and finishes: stone, wood and fabric.
2. Soft lighting. Since the dacha is a place to relax, we recommend abandoning bright cold lighting in favor of soft warm light or using smart lamps that can change the temperature, brightness and intensity of lighting.
3. Floral ornament. Floral ornaments are considered a proven classic that will perfectly complement the design of a country house inside. Such drawings can be used to decorate walls, curtains, tablecloths and draperies.
How to equip a small country house inside?
Often the dacha has a small footage, so we at Ionosfera recommend choosing a compact and functional environment that will save money and visually expand the space. The same goes for color schemes – it is better to pay attention to light colors or pastel shades that will create a pleasant, cozy atmosphere. For example, the interior of a 6 by 6 country house can be made according to the following recommendations:
1. Studio. Small buildings with a low roof can be designed according to the principle of a studio. This approach involves the unification of living space by demolishing capital walls.
2. Economy style. An interesting option is the budget style, which provides for a slight touch of incompleteness in the setting. For example, you can leave ceiling beams visible or decorate the walls to look like brickwork.
3. Narrow layout. In recent years, a narrow layout has become especially popular, in which furniture and interior items are located along parallel walls, making the room visually longer. When designing a 6×6 country house inside, consider whether you have a place under the roof, because in this case you can make a second mezzanine and take the sleeping place upstairs, saving the space of the rest of the room.
Design of a country house outside
An equally important stage is the exterior decoration, because the facade can tell about the owner no less than the interior decoration. Since dachas are often located far from large cities, country style, popular in Europe, can be used in the exterior design. For example, the exterior cladding looks original with wooden panels with tin drains, which are complemented by wrought iron window sills and flower hangers. We at the Ionosphere recommend abandoning too modern materials in favor of maximum naturalness and environmental friendliness. An interesting solution would be an extension in the form of a small veranda or terrace made of natural wood, covered gazebos in the yard also look attractive, and you can complement the exterior with popular landscape design techniques.
Styles and ideas for country house design 2021
Our experts have studied the fashion trends of 2021 and highlighted the current styles for country houses:
1. Chalet – a small house with wooden trim and rustic decor will decorate the site.
2. Vintage – if you are a fan of non-standard solutions, you can furnish the cottage with antique furniture, while maintaining a touch of modernity in the decoration.
3. Provence – this style combines the characteristic features of the French hinterland: floral ornaments, soft colors and light draperies.
4. Country – the design is based on American rural motifs, so the design of a country house will resemble a light, comfortable ranch.
5. Russian dacha – this interior, beloved by many, is associated with strong log buildings with authentic decor and a strong sauna in the yard. Our design studio Ionosphere is familiar with popular trends in the design of cottages, so we will select the appropriate design for you, make a detailed project and, if necessary, create a 3D visualization to visually demonstrate the advantages of the chosen interior. Details of services and prices can be found in the “Prices” section.
1. Is it possible to install a fireplace in the country house? The modern interior of a country house allows the presence of a fireplace or stove, however, to install such an element, it is worth inviting a professional who will choose the right safe place, assemble the fireplace and install a suitable hood.
2. Are high-tech and fusion suitable for decorating small cottages? We can decorate the interior of a country house 6 by 6 or more in any style, however, it is important that it matches the general concept of the building and does not conflict with the exterior finish.
3. Can the Ionosphere studio create a complete design project and take over the organization of repair and construction work? We provide designs for country houses on a turnkey basis, we also have a designer supervision service, when an employee regularly visits the project to control the work being done.
4. How does the design of a country house differ from the design of a country cottage? Dachas include small 6×6 buildings for outdoor recreation and temporary residence, while the cottage is designed as permanent housing with large-scale communications and buildings.
5. Is it worth it to design a full-fledged kitchen in the country? Even if you do not plan to live outside the city for more than 1-2 days in a row, include a kitchen corner with the minimum necessary appliances in the design of the country house so that in the future you will be able to fully cook food while living in the country for a long time.
6. Do I need a porch and a canopy for giving? Our employees are trying to include a full-fledged porch and a canopy over it in the interior of the country house – this allows you to create additional space that can be designed as a recreation area.