Bar baths are built from natural material obtained from solid spruce and pine. The beam provides high wear resistance of the structure. Sanitary and hygienic characteristics of a bath are similar to log baths. Impeccable appearance and minimal costs increase the practicality of the building for a country house.
PECULIARITIES OF THE CONSTRUCTION OF BEAM BATHHOUSES
- The distance from the building to other objects must be at least 15 meters. This is a fire safety requirement, since timber is a combustible material.
- The building must be erected on high ground. This way you can save money on laying a sewer drain.
- The entrance to the bath should be on the south side. In winter, there are fewer snowdrifts, and in spring they will melt faster.
- The opening for the windows must be made on the west side. The rays of the setting sun will be able to penetrate the bath in the evening.
- The foundation for the building is laid to the depth of soil freezing. For a bath, tape or columnar options are suitable. The first is technologically simpler, but requires a large amount of materials. A pier foundation will cost less, but it is only suitable for light walls.
- The interior decoration of log baths is carried out with hardwood clapboard, which has healing properties.
PROFILED OR GLUE BEAM: WHICH DO YOU PREFER?
The profiled beam has spikes and grooves (in cheap versions there is only one groove). They increase the tightness of the structure, as they practically exclude the appearance of intervention gaps. The more spikes on the material, the more airtight the bath from it. However, as the terrain becomes more complex, the price increases. When using profiled timber, the need for interior decoration is eliminated.
Glued laminated timber is a novelty of recent years. It is made from boards that have undergone special processing. Then they stick together. Moreover, the fiber of each board is placed in such a way as not to coincide with the neighboring one. This increases the strength of the building material. Such a bar has excellent aesthetic characteristics and does not need additional finishing.
Do you want to know more about log baths? Call us right now!